FREE Shoreline Landowner Workshop - Saturday, March 21
Post date: Mar 6, 2015 4:57:23 PM
Concerned about erosion on your shoreline property? Attend a FREE workshop!
Saturday, March 21, 2015
North Whatcom Fire Station #61
9408 Odell Street
10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Photo credit: Jim Johannessen or NWSF staff
Learn from experts about how to protect your property from erosion and alternatives to hard armoring
This FREE workshop is for shoreline landowners who:
- Live on a bluff and want to reduce erosion, drainage, or vegetation impacts to your property
- Have a broad beach or low bank and want tips on how to protect your property while promoting healthy marine ecosystems
- Are considering installing, removing, or repairing armoring on your shoreline
Workshop topics include:
- How to manage beach and bluff erosion
- Alternatives to hard shoreline armoring
- Enhancing beach access
- Native vegetation for slope stability and habitat
- Afternoon beach walk at Semiahmoo
- Apply for a free technical site visit from qualified professionals and receive management recommendations for your property.
Only a limited number of site visits are available. Reserve your spot today! Online registration at: http://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Whatcom1 OR contact the Northwest Straits Foundation at 360-733-1725 or firstname.lastname@example.org
*Free engineering design services and permitting assistance are available for a limited number of qualified participants considering removal or reduction of hard shoreline armoring.*
Not available for the workshop? You can still apply for a site visit by calling 360-733-1725.
Workshop and site visits are sponsored by the Northwest Straits Foundation through a grant from the Washington State Departments of Fish and Wildlife and Natural Resources Marine and Nearshore Grant Program and the US Environmental Protection Agency. Offered in partnership with the Whatcom County Marine Resources Committee. For more information visit www.nwstraitsfoundation.org