Free Shoreline Educational Beach Walk - July 18
Post date: Jun 13, 2018 8:23:19 PM
Shoreline landowners in Whatcom County are invited to attend a FREE beach walk on coastal process and shoreline erosion management. Learn how you can maintain your shoreline property and manage drainage.
Beach walk topics include:
- Coastal Processes
- Erosion and drainage management
- Armor removal and soft shore protection options
- Native vegetation for slope stability & habitat
The beach walk will be led by a local coastal geomorphologist, Andrea MacLennan from Coastal Geologic Services.
Wednesday, July 18, 2018 5:00pm-7:00pm
Point Whitehorn Marine Reserve
6770 Koehn Road
Free technical site visits
A limited number of free site visits by coastal erosion specialists will also be offered to qualifying property owners. During the site visit, qualifying property owners will be provided with specific recommendations regarding management of their shoreline properties.
Who should attend?
Consider attending this beach walk and apply for a free site visit if you:
- Live on a bluff and have experienced erosion, drainage, or vegetation issues and want to find ways to reduce impacts to your property.
- Have a broad beach or low bank and want tips on how to protect your property while promoting healthy marine ecosystems.
- Are considering removing or repairing hard armoring on your shoreline.
This outreach effort is a project of the Northwest Straits Foundation in partnership with the Whatcom County Marine Resources Committee, Whatcom County BBWARM program, and Whatcom Conservation District.
Register for the beach walk at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Whatcom2018
Or click here to request a free site assessment: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SiteVisit2017-18